Epilepsy Centers of Excellence (ECoE)
The Epilepsy Center of Excellence Nursing Workgroup includes over 30 RNs, nurse practitioners and other staff from our 16 national ECoE sites.
Projects by the Nursing Workgroup focus on the following:
1) Standardizing nurse training to improve patient safety in the epilepsy monitoring unit.
2) Helping patients better manage their epilepsy.
EMU Nursing Training Material
- Safety in the EMU Video
- Safety in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit - Powerpoint
- Safety in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit - Quiz
- Safety in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit - Quiz Key
- Nurse Competency Checklist
- CNA Competency Checklist
- Consensus on Vital Signs in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Consensus Statement for Use of Restraints in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit Guidelines
- EMU Nursing Care: WHEN TO CALL THE DOCTOR
- If You See a Suspected Patient Event
- Seizure Assessment Note Template
- Site Checklist