Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Epilepsy Center of Excellence
The Portland VAMC ECoE provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for veterans with seizure disorders. Treatment options include antiepileptic drugs, epilepsy surgery, and neuro- stimulation.
The NW ECoE services extends to veterans in Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon.
Our facility includes a three-bed monitoring unit located on the Inpatient Neurology Service. State of the art long-term video EEG equipment is used for continuous EEG recording.
Our facility services includes:
3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, Oregon 97207
- Routine Inpatient/Outpatient EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Prolonged EEG and Video Monitoring
- Foramen Ovale Electrodes Placed Under Fluoroscopy
- Cortical Strips and Grids
- Depth Electrodes
- PET scan
- Ictal SPECT
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Speech and Language Evaluation
- Assessment for (Re)Placement of Vagal Nerve Stimulator
- Surgical Resection (Epilepsy Surgery)
- Extraoperative/Intraoperative Electrocorticography
(503)220-8262 ext 58330/Monday – Friday
Link to Hospital Web Site
Epilepsy and Sleep
Presented by Eilis Boudreau, M.D., Ph.D.
Date: Friday, August 23, 2013
Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Place: Portland VAMC Auditorium
If you have questions regarding this program please
contact Derecus Slade at 503-220-8262, Ext. 58330.